August 9, 2012

Chevron, Chevron everywhere…

I don’t know if you have noticed but chevrons  are EVERYWHERE right now. You kind of can’t get away from them on pintrest  or most blogs right now.  I was finally bitten by the chevron bug this week and finished the blank 3x4 foot canvas that has been staring at me from above our buffet for almost 6 months. It all started with  a little pillow and then a throw blanket then……….. chevron

This huge painting.

 

painting

I have been undecided about what I was going to do with this canvas since I picked it up 6 months ago and this week I just figured I was never going to decide if I didn’t start something. I wasn’t interested in a scene or people  and I had a few things in mind but finally just decided to start painting. I wanted lots of rich bright color so this is what I came up with. I started with colors I loved then continued to blend in new ones a lot like thischevron

 DIY I found on Pintrest for a similar chevron painting.  I wanted a bit less pure pattern so instead of taping off every section I started to break up the pattern and leave some areas exposed. Just remember that whatever isn’t covered by painters tape will be solid color when you are done. I wanted one side to fade away so I left one side completely exposed.Then just peeled off the tape!

No comments: