April 23, 2011

Our Little Garden 2011

 

garden 2011-04-23 003garden 2011-04-23 025

      I finally got around to getting the garden started today. We took an early morning trip to the closest nursery and picked up a few of the plants that never materialized from my seeds. I set up the net for the vining plants, got my tomato cages in place and then started planting. This summer we are planting Pineapple tomatoes, Supersteak tomatoes, San Marzano tomatoes, Pineapple Tomatillos, Red potatoes, Sweet Corn, Sugar snap peas, Soybeans, Butternut Squash, Zuccchini, Pickling cucumbers, Sweet Cucumbers, Sweet Peppers, Jalapenos, Mini golden peppers,  Eggplant, Romaine lettuce, Bibb lettuce, and Iceberg lettuce.

       I also redid our herb garden, starting from scratch. Our Rosemary tree was so root bound we almost couldn’t get it out of the container! I replanted a new rosemary in a more manageable size and added a few of our standard old friends, thyme, sage, basil, and mint.  I also added a few other things that I have never grown, tarragon, lavender and  chives. Hopefully everything comes up soon!

No comments: