October 26, 2009

fall is in the air

Despite the warm temperatures this weekend fall was definitely in the air here. Scott and I spent Sunday cleaning out our gardens front and back to get them ready for fall planting. The pumpkin baking spirit has finally snuck up on me and I made some pumpkin bread Sunday afternoon. This is my favorite pumpkin bread recipe it is moist and delicious… and makes enough to share

pumpkins 005 pumpkins 006

Pumpkin Bread
2 large loaves or 8 small
Or 1 large and 4 small

3 c. sugar
1c. Vegetable oil
4 eggs (lightly beaten)
16oz canned pumpkin (plain no spices please)
3 ½ c. flour ( I use half whole wheat)
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ground cloves
2/3 water

Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour pans. Stir together sugar and oil.Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir eggs and pumpkin into sugar oil mixture. Mix dry and wet ingredients alternately. Bake for 30-40 min.

No comments: